Followers

Growing Your Wealth Exponentially

Growing Your Wealth Exponentially
BY JAMES OH

Search This Blog

LETTING GO AND MOVING ON BY JAMES OH

LETTING GO AND MOVING ON BY JAMES OH
TO BUY PLEASE CLICK AT THE IMAGE

Translate

MINDSET SHIFT: EMPLOYEE TO ENTREPRENEUR

MINDSET SHIFT: EMPLOYEE TO ENTREPRENEUR
BY JAMES OH

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

THE DEAD MAN I NEVER KNEW

The phone rang. Would I play the organ at a funeral in a town nearby?

"What's his name?" I inquired.

"John somebody. Don't know much more about him as I'm not doing the funeral," the preacher answered.

I shrugged, "Perhaps this would be just another funeral."

The next day I sat behind the pipe organ just before the service. As I practiced, the funeral directors rolled in the coffin, away from me but in front of the pews for the grieving family and friends to view shortly.

As my fingers plied away at the keyboard, I became intrigued about John. The coffin was not visible. It bothered me that I had no idea who this man was. Finally, family and friends solemnly entered and the service commenced. A family member came forward and gave the eulogy.

"Dad was born in 1912, became a carpenter, had 3 children, 9 grandchildren and now Mother is in extended care, unable to be present. He was outspoken and opinionated; for decades he would take Mother to church returning an hour later to pick her up. He lived most of his life disconnected to God and the church. However, in the last year of his life, something happened to Dad. Perhaps he realized his humanity, his weaknesses; maybe it was the slow pace of Mother's suffering. His heart softened and for the first time in over 80 years, this carpenter met Jesus, the Carpenter. It was as if God was asking him, "I wish to build a mansion for you but you do not know me. I have been knocking at your door, patiently, these many years. Are you going to open it now or never?" Yes, Dad, 86 years of age, chose to open that door to let Christ come in. He was changed!"

John was someone I never met. Someday I wish to meet him and tell him, "John, I played at your funeral and heard your story of how you met Jesus, the Carpenter. Many people heard your story all over the world! And John, God is patient, isn't He?" Friend, someday I would like to meet you as well. You may not be as old as John, but in Revelations 3:20, God says, "Behold, I stand at the door and knock." He is asking you to open your door and allow Him to come in and change your life just like John's. Is this a kind of relationship you wish to have? Why should you wait any longer?

Contributed by George Prins.

No comments: