Followers

Growing Your Wealth Exponentially

Growing Your Wealth Exponentially
BY JAMES OH

Search This Blog

LETTING GO AND MOVING ON BY JAMES OH

LETTING GO AND MOVING ON BY JAMES OH
TO BUY PLEASE CLICK AT THE IMAGE

Translate

MINDSET SHIFT: EMPLOYEE TO ENTREPRENEUR

MINDSET SHIFT: EMPLOYEE TO ENTREPRENEUR
BY JAMES OH

Sunday, December 31, 2017

MY STORY AND LIFE PURPOSE

This is My story and Life purpose

Greetings from Malaysia,

This toiletry set, which was supposed to be complimentary with the room from UMSC, but was only given to me when I requested it. Well, I guess they practised the policy: "Ask and you shall be given". Do not be shy and open your mouth to request politely anything that you need.

It certainly brought me back to the past. It happened more than ten yrs old when I was on a business trip to the UK. For the first time in my life, I got to travel first class. It was then that I was given a toiletry set which was made of leather and far nicer than the present one. It was one of the most memorable gifts that I have received. To this day I still use it whenever I travel. 

The reason I was sent for this business trip was to negotiate with the insurance company for compensation for the loss of our plane. At that time I was assigned to take charge of the company's insurance portfolio due to my past experience of successfully claiming a consequential loss due to flood. The trip was nevertheless fruitful as my team succeeded in making the claim despite it was initially declined by the underwriters as they cited the breach of the named pilot clause.

However, we have to access all the possibilities and loopholes before we managed to win the case.
Not only did we get the compensation but also managed to gain on currency conversion. When we bought the plane the ringgit against the USD was strong but when we made the claim it was the reverse. It was definitely a windfall for the company and truly a blessing for me.

After this successful claim, we began to place our fleet strategically so as to enjoy finer rate without much adverse impact on our overall fleet due to our loss' record.

As a result, I have to shoulder heavier responsibilities and fly there annually to negotiate directly with the world’s major insurance underwriters and brokers. It was a very challenging and fulfilling job which I enjoyed very much. A sweet memory that I will never forget!

I spent the longest years of service in this company. This is the company where I worked very hard with my cohorts to transform it from a private limited company to a publicly listed company in Bursa Malaysia. However today it had lost all its glories and has been delisted from the Bursa Malaysia due to its failure to restructure.

However, due to differences in viewpoint, I had to take up both roles as financial controller cum internal head. The top management insisted on letting me head both the risk management and internal audit departments which I felt will put me in a situation of conflict of interest.

The reason they cited for putting me in both positions was that I was well versed in both the operation and processes. Moreover, the monitoring system was implemented and adapted by me based on my previous experience from the past companies I worked with. I must thank God for guiding me on the right path as subsequently, the company got into trouble with the authorities though at that time I have not accepted him as my savour. God is great.

After a series of trials and tribulations, I finally accepted Him. His Grace strengthened my weakness and I managed to bounce back and will let Him lead my hand forever. This is my story and my life purpose as well.

Trials are temporary if we have faith. Place your trust in Him who can lead to salvation.

Cheers and feedback is welcome,

With unconditional love,
James Oh

No comments: