Followers

Growing Your Wealth Exponentially

Growing Your Wealth Exponentially
BY JAMES OH

Search This Blog

LETTING GO AND MOVING ON BY JAMES OH

LETTING GO AND MOVING ON BY JAMES OH
TO BUY PLEASE CLICK AT THE IMAGE

Translate

MINDSET SHIFT: EMPLOYEE TO ENTREPRENEUR

MINDSET SHIFT: EMPLOYEE TO ENTREPRENEUR
BY JAMES OH

Friday, September 9, 2011

USM; MY OLD SWEET MEMORY


A WARM WELCOME TO THIS UPLIFTING BLOG,



Lately while I was uploading my photo on the testimony, in my blog at the link below, given by the late professor, Dr Yap, whom I had served for less than a year PRIOR TO MY first degree. 








It refreshed my old sweet memory while working for him under numerous renowned research projects undertaken by him. At that time, I was always taking extra miles to explore additional avenue to make significant changes in my life - to overcome the poverty I was in. One of the additional projects being carried out during my spare time is working with one of his students to rear tiger prawns. We tried out the experiments in the laboratory for a couple of months. Our best longest record of keeping them alive in the laboratory is 7 days. I had not pursued further because of my other commitment in pursuing my LCCI intermediate book-keeping.

To my tuition teacher's disbelief, I passed the examination in my record time of six months despite not taking her advice for attending additional night tuition classes due to additional financial burden I did not want to pay for. Furthermore, I too skipped my elementary examination because the examination is conducted once a year.


At THE TIME OF MY registration of this course after some discussion with the teachers there, I decided to do my intermediate examination in April of the following year. To make it viable, I had to do both intermediate and elementary courses simultaneously in a record time of six months while working as a full time laboratory assistant. I would say that it is not easy yet I endured through that six month period. I must attest that my success is due to the good values I had learnt from my great successful heroes, whose condition is very much worse than me. Luckily, I did not complain much, but silently bit the bullet and went through this unforgettable painful period.


Now, when I think back I realise that I was so blessed that this trial period made me strong. My success breeds success. At that time, it made me believe that everyone has ability to succeed so long as he does not give up. Thereafter, I spent my one and half years in my 6th form in private school while giving tuition at nights for 6 days a week before I managed to obtain a place in the local university. I took three and half year to complete my accountancy degree there and was very lucky to get a job as marketing surveyor during my mid-term break for three years. By doing so, I have chance to travel around Peninsular Malaysia and Singapore as the nature of my job involved lots of travelling.


Upon my completion of my first degree, our local economy was not performing well and getting a job was not easy. I then worked in medium size audit firm before I stepped into the commercial sectors. I was fortunate to have chance to lead a team in taking care of sizeable clienteles despite the fact that I was just an Audit Assistant at that time.


This really helps me in my first commercial post as assistant accountant. I was then assigned several projects such as rights issue exercise where I recommended them to adopt IAS 17 finance lease whereby the Group has capitalised additional couple of Millions as extraordinary gains. I was then promoted to branch Accountant, stationed at Sabah before I joined one of the Hong Leong's subsidiaries where I acquired additional sound management's skill such as KPI, treasury management, quarterly audit, acquisition assignment due to my audit experience.

Thereafter I was so excited to join another company to work with the senior management to turn around the company, undertook the computerisation of the EFG integrated accounting system from stand alone accounting system. Our teams did it successfully and we were then selected to implement the EDP projects.


With the above experience, I then spent my longest employment to apply what I have learnt to a small company and grow the company with the key management team to list the company into KLSE.


Today, I must say that I am so blessed that I have again a chance to apply whatever skill I have learnt to my various business using the previously proven formulae.


Thanks and I shall share with you with more exciting experience with you so as to reward you as my blog readers.


How about you? Please let us know how you keep yourself motivated. We of course love to hear your success stories here.


To our Success,


James Oh






Skype me at james.oh18





No comments: