Followers

Growing Your Wealth Exponentially

Growing Your Wealth Exponentially
BY JAMES OH

Search This Blog

LETTING GO AND MOVING ON BY JAMES OH

LETTING GO AND MOVING ON BY JAMES OH
TO BUY PLEASE CLICK AT THE IMAGE

Translate

MINDSET SHIFT: EMPLOYEE TO ENTREPRENEUR

MINDSET SHIFT: EMPLOYEE TO ENTREPRENEUR
BY JAMES OH

Thursday, September 8, 2011

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND PROFITS




A VERY WARM WELCOME TO THE UPLIFTING BLOG,

Prior to our engagement on blogging, may I invite some of you to voice out your view on it, regardless the status you are in, be it a new, active or semi-active player in blog-sphere. If you do not have clue to it, you are encouraged to read it further. You do not have to worry about your view because there is no right answer to it. It is very much depend on individual's appetite to it.

However, at one glance this topic may appear to be confusing and misleading. If you are caught in that situation, you are right in the sense in that we wonder how it can be a true statement that a venture can be fun and profitable. Just ask any of the sportsmen, singers, artists, scientists, actors and actresses, the chances of them saying that the statement is inclined to the truth are high especially for those successful ones. Why, why, why? I can safely say that they treat their professions as their passions and perform them with enthusiasm and in absolute fun because they truly enjoyed it. Passion drives them to put extra miles than ordinary people. Yet they make fortunes out of it. Similarly true to blogging as well.

Before we dwelt further of what is blogging, let us take a quick look of its definition, as below, from the Wikipedia for your easy reference.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A blog (a blend of the term web log)[1] is a type of website or part of a website. Blogs are usually maintained by an individual with regular entries of commentary, descriptions of events, or other material such as graphics or video. Entries are commonly displayed in reverse-chronological order. Blog can also be used as a verb, meaning to maintain or add content to a blog.

Most blogs are interactive, allowing visitors to leave comments and even message each other via widgets on the blogs and it is this interactivity that distinguishes them from other static websites.[2]

Many blogs provide commentary or news on a particular subject; others function as more personal online diaries. A typical blog combines text, images, and links to other blogs, Web pages, and other media related to its topic. The ability of readers to leave comments in an interactive format is an important part of many blogs. Most blogs are primarily textual, although some focus on art (art blog), photographs (photoblog), videos (video blogging or vlogging), music (MP3 blog), and audio (podcasting). Microblogging is another type of blogging, featuring very short posts.

As of 16 February 2011, there were over 156 million public blogs in existence.[3]

As far as I am concerned, to add one more job --blogger--to my long list of duties is a big yes to it. The logic is clear to me. I started from scratch and cannot afford to take a wait-and-see attitude in this fast growing part of the Net. I took courage to join in at the age of my late 40 after realising what blogsphere can offer me. To my expectation, it brims with contacts, potential customers and fresh ideas. Do it right, it is just like setting up a booth in the biggest trade show on earth everyday with 24 hours a day. Close your eyes if you still could not be able to see this vision, repeat the last sentence I just said earlier and imagine it. Wow, are you able to visualise it now? Tell us what you feel now. As usual, we love to hear from you. Congratulations to you if you see it. Take action and join the rush of entrepreneurs into blogs.

Here, choice is yours and we respect whatever choice you made. You may do so for the fun of it. It is no secret that one easy way is to post something silly or embarrassing on a blog to gain attention, alternatively to have something go terribly and horribly wrong that attract audience. But do it with caution. 

Blogs are so new that liability in many of these areas has yet to be tested, but caution need to be taken. As such, it is easy for beginners to tune into the bloggers' world safely, though. You may use the Google engine search for the keywords for the theme of your blog you want. Take your time to give it a serious thought, if you can do so that is eye catching and well reflects its key message, so much the better it will be. For instance, Lift You Up - Always There For You took me more than 3 months to come out the theme of my blog. Do you think that it conveys its key message well to you as I believe it so. Appreciate your kind feedback both good and bad.

In the early months of my blogging career, I laid low, getting a feel for the new trade I was in. I posted a few articles, but barely link to other blogs. That made it tougher for other bloggers, using search engines or direct feeds to locate me -- I am still learning the lingo and mores of the blog world.

I picked up the pace after a couple of month later. I am linking to other blogs here and there. And I embarked on other activities as I learned and begun to see some money coming in while my followers and traffic growing each day. Slowly and surely, I can see who is Googling me, I can see how they get there. It is real fun and full of satisfaction of my sowing efforts.

Here, I must stress the importance on learning the trade. Participating in the blogsphere pushes me to read and learn from other blogs. It opened me up to the world and seeing the potential is so great and huge. I decided to stay on and never regret participating in it. Who knows it might be the biggest payback for all my extra work one day. I need hopes to keep me alive and stay focus. It is another way to make me be energetic and healthy. Of course, you will have all sorts of fun engaging with new friends almost every day. Perhaps equally important to me is expanding my networks and learning from everyone, who has same and different interest, talent and expertise from me.

To sum it up, I would describe this trade as both an entertaining and profit making venture. As such, I am convinced and agreeable to the above statement. In this sense, may I extend you my invitation to join us in this wonderful blogsphere. Wishing you make it as one of your ventures if you have the same belief.

To your blogging success,

 James Oh


To read other related articles on blogging, please click at the links below:-

http://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=403713558746237020#editor/target=post;postID=2124772703743612209 

http://liftyouup.blogspot.com/2011/08/what-is-link-building-and-its-benefits.html

No comments: