Followers

Growing Your Wealth Exponentially

Growing Your Wealth Exponentially
BY JAMES OH

Search This Blog

LETTING GO AND MOVING ON BY JAMES OH

LETTING GO AND MOVING ON BY JAMES OH
TO BUY PLEASE CLICK AT THE IMAGE

Translate

MINDSET SHIFT: EMPLOYEE TO ENTREPRENEUR

MINDSET SHIFT: EMPLOYEE TO ENTREPRENEUR
BY JAMES OH

Saturday, March 5, 2011

195-YAER-OLD, YET RELEVANT AND USEFUL

Hi Everyone,
This 195 year-old building is none other than St. George's Church, in Farquhar Street, Penang. It is also the oldest Anglican Church in South-East Asia, built in 1816.
Some of you may recall my preceding article on this church, which was under renovation at that time. Just click at the title of this article to bring you there, if you choose to do so.
As promised much earlier, I shall update you of the progress. In this connection, I am pleased to inform you that the church had weathered all storms, still stand proudly there to serve its visitors. Last Sunday, Feb 27 saw its first service at the reopening of the Church to its congregation, another milestone of its long history after 10 good months' rest for the restoration project of RM 1.8 million under the National Heritage Department's Ninth Malaysia Plan allocation which began in April last year. This blessing came in as the result of the church being declared as one of the country's 50 National Heritage treasures in 2007.

With this, it not only offers comforts to its congregation during their services and other church functions, but now, its night view will be equally bright and grand as the colonial style State's Council Administration Office, not a far distance from its location,  when the church is lighted up from 7:30 pm to 10 pm every night. This exercise not only restores its former glory, but also restores the estate's glory as well. The spirit of cooperation should make all Malaysians proud, as their efforts have paid off within a short span of time. Well done and thanks to all parties that were involved.

This remarkable building also taught me important lessons. First it serves as a reminder to take time to equip myself with knowledge and skills.  I should do it, so long as I can last and stay relevant to serve, regardless of my age, exactly like nearly two centuries old, yet relevant and useful. This vision become clearer to me as I aged, in line with the slogan we are built to last. This is another case of "refirement" and not retirement besides Toyo 99 years Japanese Author, which you may read from the link below.
http://liftyouup.blogspot.com/2011/02/best-selling-author-at-99-toyo-shibata.html

Thanks for your precious time to read this inspiring article from my perspective. Please do share with me regardless whether you see the way I see or not. Your feedback is valuable to me so as I can improve further in order for me to serve you better.

Seeing you again.



James Oh

Skype me at james.oh18

2 comments:

"genz" said...

Wow this is a really great post. Thanks so much for the blessing that you are with your message. I'm definitely following and I hope you'll check out my blog and follow as well! ; ) God bless.

Unknown said...

Thanks for dropping by and comments. I have visited your blog and you too have a great blog, that makes me to sign up as your blog follower.