Followers

Growing Your Wealth Exponentially

Growing Your Wealth Exponentially
BY JAMES OH

Search This Blog

LETTING GO AND MOVING ON BY JAMES OH

LETTING GO AND MOVING ON BY JAMES OH
TO BUY PLEASE CLICK AT THE IMAGE

Translate

MINDSET SHIFT: EMPLOYEE TO ENTREPRENEUR

MINDSET SHIFT: EMPLOYEE TO ENTREPRENEUR
BY JAMES OH

Saturday, May 15, 2010

THE INTERVIEW BETWEEN US AND THE BLOGGER WHO ADVOCATES ORGANS DONATION

Dear Readers,




The author, Chew Hoong Ling of www.hoongling.com is one of our WELL RESPECTED AND HONORABLE blog buddies for some time. Lately, we understand that she is going to launch her book in the near future.


As such, we went to interview her. We felt such a great honour to have a meaningful dialogue with this great author and we are so excited to share with you as Our Readers.


Lift You Up Q1. What drive you to risk yourself to make such a bold move to save another life especially someone who is not even your relative?


Hoong Ling  A1: Well, organ donation is in my blood. I first read a booklet on organ donation and was inspired by a news story of a 12 year old girl pledging her eyes, I signed the pledge immediately. Once I discovered that not many people know about this noble cause, I decided to champion and spread its awareness. I remember telling myself at that time (I was 13 at that time), that I will donate an organ to someone even when I am alive. And this, I did - 16 years after that! I said organ donation is in my blood - so if I cut myself I think I see green - green ribbon is the symbol of organ donation. :) 


Lift You Up Q 2. Tell us how you overcome  fears, criticisms and attacks especially from your loved ones?


Hoong Ling A 2. This  is very much related to life. In fact in this process I learn one very important lesson in life. Much energies were wasted was not because of criticisms and attacks but very surprisingly my own thoughts. It was a battle within myself - whether to donate my liver or not. That dragged on for almost a month before I finally met a friend who advised me. To cut the story short, he said that I should make a decision and then just stick to it. Which is true, once I decided that I will donate my liver, all criticisms, attacks or fears just disappeared. When loved ones opposed the idea, all I did was to nod because they advised me based on their concerns and some due to ignorance of technologies in the medical field. No point arguing when you know they will stick to their point and I will hold my own opinion.  


 Lift You Up Q3. What make you to think of publishing a book to share with others and at the same time encourage others to do such a noble action? So far what is your worst criticism / attacks, and how you overcome it?


Hoong Ling A3. I have always wanted to write a book but lack a compelling story to tell. Even if I were to write a book on organ donation after championing the cause for 16 years, it was still not strong enough. People will ask who am I to publish a book on organ donation. This time, after going through this life saving act, I think it released the courage in me to pen down a book on organ donation.  I address doubts of people who never shared my dream of selling million copies of this book, or laughter and cynicism of people thinking I am crazy or calling me a dreamer, by strengthening my dream and make it come true.


Lift You Up Q 4. Tell us your schedule/program for launching such a great book, which I believe will receive an overwhelming response. When is your official date to launch this noble book?


Hoong Ling A 4.The soft launch of the book will be on 25th June 2010 at the Napoleon Hill International Convention held at Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia. Welcome to Borneo! We are planning for a launch of the Chinese version and with it, we will launch a mascot for organ donation - a brainchild of mine - and its website/portal on organ donation. This will be somewhere in July 2010 in Kuala Lumpur.


 Lift You Up Q5. Let us know what is the title of your book. How you come up with such title? Would the scar remind you of the pain you have suffered?


Hoong Ling A5. Shall I keep this a secret? Haha... Alright the title is "I Don't Know You but Let Me Save You". This title was the header for the feature news that came out in Sin Chew Daily, a local Chinese daily and after a discussion and brainstorming, we think this is really a good title and it tells straight away about a story of someone saving a stranger. I must thank Sin Chew editors for such great titles. The scar is a reminder of my happiness and how life has been prolonged by a simple act of organ donation (even if it is just a pledge). I never suffered though of course, I have pains. So the question ended with "pain you have suffered" - no, no suffering! :)


Lift You Up Q6. Tell us your guided principle that governs your life? How you cultivate these values?


Hoong Ling A6. I always believe in working for free and going the extra mile. In fact, I thought that if I work enough for free and not being compensated, one day the compensation will be big - with compounded interests! This is also taught by Napoleon Hill, the author of Think and Grow Rich. In fact although I am not cash-rich or being compensated by cash when I work for free, I feel that I am very rich with knowledge, skills and a heart of gold - this is something very valuable.


Lift You Up 7. Any other advice which you like to share with our readers?


Hoong Ling A 7.Have you pledge your organs? If not, what are you waiting for?


Thank you, Hoong Ling. You are really our Well Respected Heroine. We are really proud of YOU.


Our Valued readers and Visitors, now is your turn to raise question via comments should you have any. We believe Hoong Ling would be more than happy to answer every of your question.


Do not forget to get her book and help us to spread this good news to your circle of friends.


Below you leave, please come back to read the readers' questions and our honorable guest's answers.


Please copy and save the link for safe keeping and click at the link when you are want to reread our dialog or the Readers' question and answer from Hoong Ling.


Thanks for your precious time and do look forward to more exciting news from us....








About Chew Hoong Ling


Former TV Presenter on Selamat Pagi Malaysia, Hoong Ling is a professional emcee, speaker and trainer. She is the Chief Operations Officer of SkyRocketMySuccess.com and also the Executive Assistant at XeerSoft Sdn. Bhd.


Graduate in Business Information System with honours from Thames Valley University, London, Hoong Ling has experience in diversified fields including Information Technology, specialized in web-based Retail Management consultation; sales and marketing as well as a genuine passion for community services. A widely sought after master of ceremony, she also speaks on television talk shows and international conferences.


Hoong Ling has made media appearances on RTM, TV3, NTV7, ASTRO, Bernama TV, BFM 89.9, Sin Chew Jit Poh, The Star, The Sun and magazines like Malaysian Women’s Weekly, Feminine, Money Compass, Singapore Women’s Weekly and ICON.


An avid writer, her articles have been published in The Star, The Sun, Utusan Malaysia, Berita Harian, Money Compass and The Entrepreneur. She is also co-author for “Remarkable Centenary of Service”, a coffee table book to commemorate St. John Ambulance Malaysia 100th year anniversary and another book in the lineup – on her journey in donating part of her liver to save a 13-year old girl.


Featured as Personality of Akhbar Mahasiswa while still in college, Hoong Ling was also hand-picked by the Malaysia government to be among Youth Ambassadors on board the Ship for Southeast Asian Youths in year 2003. She is also recipient of Selangor Youth Award 2006, Great Women of Our Time Award 2008 and recently received the Lions Clubs International District 308-B1 District Governor’s Distinguished Service Award.


Apart from business, she is actively involved in promoting organ donation awareness and serves as Vice President of National Youth Association and Director of CyberCare. Only recently, she was also appointed as the committee member of the Organ Donation Public Awareness Action Committee under the Ministry of Health. 




        Your Chief Servant


        James Oh
        Skype: james.oh18


        Founder and Group CEO


        http://liftyouup.blogspot.com


  

No comments: