Followers

Growing Your Wealth Exponentially

Growing Your Wealth Exponentially
BY JAMES OH

Search This Blog

LETTING GO AND MOVING ON BY JAMES OH

LETTING GO AND MOVING ON BY JAMES OH
TO BUY PLEASE CLICK AT THE IMAGE

Translate

MINDSET SHIFT: EMPLOYEE TO ENTREPRENEUR

MINDSET SHIFT: EMPLOYEE TO ENTREPRENEUR
BY JAMES OH

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

SELL YOUR WAY UP (SPEECH)

Hilson Sumana Yeap
012-572 2763
"True happiness is a state of mind free from all emotional disturbances"

WHERE I LOST MYSELF: http://www.protobuddhism.com
WHERE I LEARN: AFC Toastmasters Club


SELL YOUR WAY UP (Nia Mind the rejection)

What is the most important skill you need to have in order to

become successful in life?

(Wait for audiences’ responds and acknowledge them)

To me, it is SELLING.

If you want a promotion, you need to sell yourself intelligently. If

you need to ask a girl out for a dinner, you have to sell yourself

handsomely.  In fact anything we do, involves selling persuasively

During my university years, I yearned to be a CEO of a company.
I started to ask, “What should I do in order to achieve that goal?”

I got a unanimous answer, “starts a career in SALES”

I started to apply for a sales job in many multinational companies

like, Nestle, Dutch lady, Sony & JVC. Interestingly all of them

told me to wait and see.
 
I was dejected, disappointed & demotivated.

However, I noticed, most of the people who went for the interview looked and talked the same.

Suddenly, it dawned on me that I have to uniquely SELL myself. I decided to do something different.

During the next interview, I prepared a promotion card & a name cards (show the audience the 2 items)

I passed the name card to my interviewer and when asked to describe about myself, I said, “I believed in 3 principles, “number one, “smile and the world will smile with you” Number two perseverance, passion and confidence drive the sprit to greater height. Number three, do not do unto others if you do not want others to do unto you.”

The interviewer was stunt and said, “You are the first person who came in an interview with a name card & promotion card. I liked your attitude & creativity but we can only pay you  800 per month. I thought for awhile, “ermmm, 800 ringgit ar, OK.”

During my first day at work, I was surprised to see I was the only

graduate. The rest were all form 5 school leavers.

After a few months working. I asked my boss why I was under paid. He said, “You are the most highly paid among the new hires.”

I was wondering is it my unique selling skills or my willingness to be paid below market value that got me the job.  NIA MIND….. I mean never mind.

When I first started in sales, I learned all the product knowledge and presentation skills.

Every time I see a customer, I did 3 things. Present, present and present. Amazingly, all the customers said, “interesting presentation and we will call you back”. However, all the customers never call me back.

I went back to see my boss, Mr Ngu, “boss, what went wrong. “ My boss said, “Do you know what NGU stands for.” I said, “It’s your surname, Mr Ngu.” “Nope, NGU stands for Never Give Up.” Go back to your customers but this time do it differently. Remember, “before people buy anything from you, they must buy you first”. “People don’t care how much you know until they know how much you care”

I took his advice seriously and did it differently.

This time, before I present I CONNECT with the customer. I started to send the right signal, synchronize my body language and get the customers to talk more. In short I started to connect with my customer personally.

Then, I started to ask MORE question about the Organization, Goals & challenges they faced.

Then only I started to PRESENT the solutions and benefits.

As time went by, I started to get calls from my customer and my sales result not only skyrocketed but moon rocketed.

Today, I’m an owner of my own Human resource training company called, “Edu Action.” I have achieved my career goal of becoming a CEO of a company.

I’m earning 20 to 30 times more than what I first got.

So, ladies and gentlemen, if you want to achieve something great in your life, choose a product or service that you believe in and embark in the journey of sales and you will achieve an amazing results. Go on and SELL

2 comments:

Hilson Yeap said...

Wahsome!!!!!

Unknown said...

Hi, Wahsome Hilson,

I am deeply delighted to see you here and trust you enjoy touring around our blogs.

Hope to see you again