Followers

Growing Your Wealth Exponentially

Growing Your Wealth Exponentially
BY JAMES OH

Search This Blog

LETTING GO AND MOVING ON BY JAMES OH

LETTING GO AND MOVING ON BY JAMES OH
TO BUY PLEASE CLICK AT THE IMAGE

Translate

MINDSET SHIFT: EMPLOYEE TO ENTREPRENEUR

MINDSET SHIFT: EMPLOYEE TO ENTREPRENEUR
BY JAMES OH

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

RESTORING PENANG'S GLORY


Greetings from Penang, Malaysia. Read more on this Jewel of the Orient.

IN my recent trip back to Penang to celebrate Chinese New Year, this impressive and effective decoration at the Glugor roundabout caught my immediate attention. Immediately, I requested my wife to snap a photo. See for yourselves, the appended photo below.

This decoration had triggered a reminder of my promise to blog more on these heritage buildings. As such, I found it very catchy and in line with its prestigious award from Unesco. Long live Penang.

I believe that if everyone do their part, no matter how small or big, it will surely restore the Island's glory at the end of the day. That belief drives me to do my part, which I always believe "Action speaks louder than words".

After our New Year lunch at RedHot restaurant, I decided to take my family for a quick tour around and snap as many photos as possible so as to prove my point that they are very serious of restoring its glory. Here, I write to wish the State every success.

In this article, I decided to let you have a first look at various photos that my son have taken along the places we passed by. Seeing is believing and I hope you do agree with my observation. Please give me your feedback regardless whether you agree or disagree with me.

Please take a look at the photos below.







































Wow! trust you too enjoy viewing all these new face lift heritage buildings that we have displayed here. Please do direct your friends to this blog so that they too can contribute to its success. You are also more than welcome to visit this state and have a look at these buildings yourselves

Before I forget, I write to update you some of significant facts of the recent achievements by this State and at the same time, thanks you for your past support that make the following achievement possible.

a) For the first time in history, Penang is now the new champion of investments in Malaysia, coming out top in 2010.
 Penang replaced the previous 2009 champion Sarawak by recording RM 12.2 billion in 2010 as compared to Sarawak RM3.9 billion. Penang was No. 4 in 2009 with RM 2.1 billion but shot up 5 times to No.1. On the other hand Sarawak went down from No.1 in 2009 with RM 8.5 billion to No. 4 with RM3.9 billion in 2010. 
b) It is also being praised by the Auditor-General Report for being the best financially managed state with record surpluses of RM88 million in 2008 and RM77 million in 2009. Penang became the first state government in history to be commended by Transparency International for CAT(Competency, Accountability and Transparency) governance in establishing integrity in leadership.
c) I also was made to understand that it has also wiped out hard-core poverty, the first state to do so in Malaysia.
d) Penang is going green and leading in green practices such as "No Free Plastic Bag" campaigns and waste treatment through 3R of Reduce, Reuse Recycle. Penang enjoys the cheapest water rates in the country. Penang is also the Silicon Valley of Malaysia and selected as the most livable city in Malaysia on par with Kuala Lumpur. 
And last, but not least you continuously support is greatly appreciated. So, let us grow together, learn from each other and enjoy the success together. Hence, I write to sum up this article with the speech from its Chief Minister as follow:-

 # A person who risks nothing
    does nothing, has nothing,
    and is nothing.
    Only a person who risks - is free.#
    Shalom, val.

Stay tuned for another excitement.

See you again

James Oh


Skype me at james.oh18

No comments: