Followers

Growing Your Wealth Exponentially

Growing Your Wealth Exponentially
BY JAMES OH

Search This Blog

LETTING GO AND MOVING ON BY JAMES OH

LETTING GO AND MOVING ON BY JAMES OH
TO BUY PLEASE CLICK AT THE IMAGE

Translate

MINDSET SHIFT: EMPLOYEE TO ENTREPRENEUR

MINDSET SHIFT: EMPLOYEE TO ENTREPRENEUR
BY JAMES OH

Monday, February 21, 2011

BEST SELLING AUTHOR AT 99 - TOYO SHIBATA




Dear viewers,
Recently, I read about an author, who started writing when she was 92 and she just celebrated her 100th birthday. She is none other than TOYO Shibata. This Japanese writer who writes about love, dreams and hanging on hope may not need introduction to some of you.

Although I have not read her poem, I understand her's anthology entitled Kujikenaide (Don't Lose Heart), has sold more than 1.5 million copies in Japan since its publication, in late 2009. Amazing, right?

For those who have read the above poems, please tell us more about her poems in the comment column provided below. Thank you in advance for your kind participation. It is important for us to know this great author in the hope that more people can follow her footstep.

Her poems, with uplifting titles such as Everyone's Dreams Are Equal and Take It Easy, Don't Try Too Hard, was also described by her peers as an expression of gratitude to the people who have cared for her during her twilight years. We find this author so unique and meaningful. 

A TV documentary about her in December 2010, after the anthology reached the mark of 1.5 million, fueled interest in her work. It is worthy to note that sales of about 10,000 copies are considered a success for poetry anthologies in Japan.

What is her success recipe? She attributed it to her son, now in his mid-60s. She was encouraged to write poetry by her son, after her recurring back pain forced her to give up her life-ling hobby of classical Japanese dance.

This is another case in point that demonstrates well that adversity is not an end, but rather a turning point. As such, it reminds us when we are hit by adversity, do not give up, just like Toyo. But follow your heart and pick up something you really love. Just do it regardless of your age or any other justification which may caused you to give up. In this instance, wish Toyo long life.

I am very impressed with her success and that made me pen down this article so as to put it on my record and drives me to follow her footstep.

In this connection, I decided to continue to write articles in this blog. I hope my commitment can reach Miss Toyo who has touched my life so much, and I am really indebted to her.

And last but not least, I urged more of my readers to use her as their model. 







Thanks and warmest regards,






James Oh

No comments: