Followers

Growing Your Wealth Exponentially

Growing Your Wealth Exponentially
BY JAMES OH

Search This Blog

LETTING GO AND MOVING ON BY JAMES OH

LETTING GO AND MOVING ON BY JAMES OH
TO BUY PLEASE CLICK AT THE IMAGE

Translate

MINDSET SHIFT: EMPLOYEE TO ENTREPRENEUR

MINDSET SHIFT: EMPLOYEE TO ENTREPRENEUR
BY JAMES OH

Thursday, May 27, 2010

BANDAR UTAMA - GREEN ENVIRONMENT AT MY PLACE OF RESIDENCE

Hi! Folk,

Further to our recent plumbing works, we write to share with you 
another project of recycling rain water. You are rest assured to 
reap back your investment cost within a short span of time especially
those who consumed much water in the household because our 
water rate is structured that once you reach the threshold, you are
going to pay extremely high rate. 

For those who missed my preceding article, you may click at the title
of the article to make access to it. I would say that the credit for this
project should be given to my new neighbour, Mr. Poh , who has 
just moved in less than a month. I noted that he is from Penang, my 
hometown. I have migrated to Selangor state for more than twenty
years and I never regretted it. That state is moving too slow and not
suitable for those who opt for hectic lifestyle.

Coming back to our water recycle project, it started with our 
conversation during the day when my plumbing works took place
and at that time I just raised the issue of how to green the environment
without knowing that Mr.Poh is the water treatment expert. He shared
with me his overseas water treatment project. I was amazed with his 
expertise and experience I then tap his expertise of storing the rain 
water for my plants around my backyard. My plumber also join in, 
finally we came to this second project of oval shape 50 litres poly water
tank. To make it even more fruitful, my plumber suggested  a design that
direct the rain water from the gutter straight to this storage tank. Mr. Poh
further strongly recommended the poly oval shape tank due to several
reasons such as practicability, durability and also endurance of the high 
pressure especially during the heavy rain fall from roof top to the tank. 
According to him, the oval shape with no edge at the corner make more 
sense to sustain the high pressure of heavy rain water, which is the case in
my area, and less leakages as compared to other shapes such as square or
rectangular shape. From there, I know that I am dealing with an expert, 
who is humble and willing to share his  knowledge with others. Then, he 
further proposed a cover top to address my concerns on the mosquito 
breeding inside there. After thinking of it, I just wondered whether I 
should rear a few fishes inside the tank in case the water flow is not strong
enough and it allows mosquito breeding. But my concern is whether the 
fish can survive?

My plumber suggested that I place a filter inside the tank to prevent the
leaves from sinking into the tank, which I agreed with joy. He further 
suggested that he will put an elbow to join my existing pipe which serves
to drain the rain, collected from the gutter at the edge of my roof top, to 
the storage tank instead of direct to the drain. Hence, this adds another 
avenue of rain water being diverted to this tank. Thanks Kelvin. 

An outlet will be added to the tank for easy tank cleaning purposes. Mr. 
Poh also assured me that the water which I drain off to the backyard is 
of no harm to the walkway of the road leading to Centrepoint, a 
commercial centre. 

The storage water will then be used to clean the floor and watering my 
plants at the backyard. Hence, I manage to recycle the rain water and save
money through reducing my household water consumption. Instantly, I 
offered Mr. Poh to use this water if he wishes once the tank is ready. 

Further more, we hope that others will follow suit to make use of rain water
so as to green the environment further and put more money in their pockets. 
Who knows they may come up with much better plan where I also can learn 
from them so as to make our residential place more pleasant and environment
friendly.  

Other ideas were also throw in such as planting cross breed durian tree (our
local king of fruits) at the outside of my backyard. To raise the height of my
existing retaining wall so as that I can pump up the storage water to circulate 
down the retaining wall to make my backyard even cooler and more attractive
to enrich my life. Mr Poh further enhanced the idea further by installing a small
electric fan at the edge, not far away from the retaining wall to direct the flow 
toward the water from the top of the retaining wall so as to produce a chilling
effect which may make this place even more cosy and beautiful. The more we
talk,
my mind seems to go wild and more ideas keep on flowing out. Thanks to Mr 
Poh and Kelvin for their great contribution.

Here, mgreatest concerns is whether the foundation of my existing wall
could support the weight and height of the new wall.


Before you leave this blog, appreciate if you could enlightened me with more ideas
so that I can enhance the beauty of this area, at the same time green this environment 
further beginning from my house.



To enhance your imagination, append below some of photo taken around the area.  

Thank you and look forward to hearing from you,
 
Your Chief Servant,

James Oh

Founder and Group CEO

Skype me at james.oh18

No comments: