Followers

Growing Your Wealth Exponentially

Growing Your Wealth Exponentially
BY JAMES OH

Search This Blog

LETTING GO AND MOVING ON BY JAMES OH

LETTING GO AND MOVING ON BY JAMES OH
TO BUY PLEASE CLICK AT THE IMAGE

Translate

MINDSET SHIFT: EMPLOYEE TO ENTREPRENEUR

MINDSET SHIFT: EMPLOYEE TO ENTREPRENEUR
BY JAMES OH

Friday, April 24, 2009

HOW TO GET MORE OUT OF OUR TIME

Dear valued visitors,

Recently I have visited several blogs and find that almost everyone of us finding difficulty to cope with daily activities due to time constraints and other reasons known to each individual. Some find it stressful and I see there is a real need to discuss this issue as how to achieve more at the same time working less. This is the day of my discussion.

To kick off this topic, I take this opportunity to share some of my thoughts, which may be useful to you. To make thing easier, I list down some pointers as below:-

1. System
Try to establish an orderly system, which is work friendly and easy for you to retrieve your information speedily. No doubt there is more work initially, but it pays handsomely at the later stage.

2. Be precise
Make it a point to make your statement precise. I realize that it is not easy, therefore we need to improve the skill constantly. Most of the time, I find that lots of time are wasted as a result of not sending the message precisely.

3. Making use of the most effective mode of communication
Try to make it a habit to use the most effective mode of communication such as email especially if you have  to send the same message to many people. You will be surprised at its outcome as compared to other verbal means.

4. Do Lists
Make it a point to record down the tasks you need to perform. Then schedule them according to their priority. In this manner, you tend to be more efficient and effective.

5. Make use of your idling time
God is fair and has given everyone 24 hours. Don't forget that everyone of us have idle time.

6. Do more than one thing at a time
You can do more than one thing at a time that is you can multi-task. The best example is that you can brush your teeth while making a long call at your toilet bowl.

7. Plan your daily tasks in advance

8. Pray about it
You must believe in it before you pray on it.

9. Don't quit
Most of the time, we are defeated because we have given up. As such, we need to have faith in whatever we are doing and also to constantly reminding ourselves that we can do it.

10. Patience
You need to have patience. Only testing can produce patience. Let patience to complete its work.

11. Leave it and come back to it later
Leave it for a while and do something else. Then you may have inspiration to resume your work with new fresh idea/interest.

12 Do not push yourself unnecessary
Deadline is good, but you need to follow your heart so as to produce a masterpiece. Be flexible is the key.

13. Do not be too anxious
Do not worry unnecessary, but response to it. By acting to it, you will make the thing worse and eventually you may need to spend more time to rectify it. Here, you may use the 90/10 rule.

14. Think positive
When you think positive, everything will turn more rosy and pleasant. You will rest assure that you will have much higher productivity.

15. Work in group
It is undeniable fact that everyone of us has his own talent and skill. By using the strength of each and every member of the group, it will yield more.

16. Find your own work rhythm.
A lot of creative work can be done at odd times and places. So, schedule your work accordingly to your own work rhythm.

The great Canadian physician Sir William Osler, a teacher, medical writer and medical practitioner, set aside only15 minutes every night to compile an annotated bibliography of his huge library. His ambitious Bibliotheca Osleriana contained 7787 entries when he died.

17. Always look out for more efficient and effective way of doing things
Constantly keep your mind open especially when you are doing certain activities which involves lots of repetition. In such instance, keep on asking yourself is there any other way to get the thing done more efficiently and effectively.

Trust the above is of value to you. Please feel free to comment so as to enrich our knowledge.

Cheers and have a wonderful weekend.


James Oh

11 comments:

Michelle D. Argyle said...

Oh, this post is EXCELLENT, thank you! I love the rhythm part. You certainly have thought this through, and I agree with all of your points. If I can manage to learn how to do all these things I will be effective indeed!

Unknown said...

Thanks for your sweet words which I really appreciated. The whole idea of writing this post is actually came out after reading several posts including yours. I am pleased to let you know that I am very impress with the way you prioritise your works and you done it so well.

Cheers and have a nice weekend.

Serena Lewis said...

Wonderful post, James! It has some very helpful points...thank you.

Also, thank you for your kind comments on my blog recently.

Unknown said...

It is my pleasure. Your blog is great too, Serena.

Trust we can enrich each other knowledge through sharing.

Cheers and have a wonderful weekend,

June said...

Your list is very helpful. I think if we had tried hard enough but find our life still in a mess. Then maybe we are really overloaded and some work need to be outsourced or quitted. I can still remember the time when I had to work, do all the housework and watch my kid after work all by myself, and at the same time attend an academic program. I got no time to rest and think of something I was not doing. That was the time when my physical and mental health start going down gradually.
Now I only keep what I can do and like to do. The sacrifice is of course money and social status, but I find the fulfillment in my simple life.

ambersun said...

Yeah - good post. I'm not having problems with time management - yet as I only study part time but when I do get busier and my health is better this will come in handy I think.

God Bless

Amber

Unknown said...

June,
Thanks for your sharing your real experience, which I really appreciated.

Ya! You got a good point here - outsourcing of certain tasks where you find it comparatively less productive if you were to carry out your own.

Amber, Thanks you too for your kind sharing. Glad to hear time management has helped you to cope with your works and health.

What About The Girl? said...

Ah I need patience!
And #13. I get anxious...
I need to work on those!
Great post!

Unknown said...

I appreciated very much that you are being so frank to us. But I do believe that you have already acquired these two skills because writing needs lots of patience and self confidence as well. The question here is more inclined to sharpening them further, which most of us are trying to achieve.

Cheers and have a fruitful day,

yoon see said...

I always complain not enough time and I really need to look into tip 1 for sure and also other tips too:)
Great sharing brother james:)
God bless!

Unknown said...

These tips work well for me and trust you will get some benefits of it too. I will add into this post, if it comes along the way. Grace and peace to you, Sis Voon See.