Followers

Growing Your Wealth Exponentially

Growing Your Wealth Exponentially
BY JAMES OH

Search This Blog

LETTING GO AND MOVING ON BY JAMES OH

LETTING GO AND MOVING ON BY JAMES OH
TO BUY PLEASE CLICK AT THE IMAGE

Translate

MINDSET SHIFT: EMPLOYEE TO ENTREPRENEUR

MINDSET SHIFT: EMPLOYEE TO ENTREPRENEUR
BY JAMES OH

Tuesday, January 16, 2018

VISIT FROM MY PENANG BUDDY

Visit from My Penang Buddy
Greetings from Malaysia,

Recently I received another visit from my secondary school buddy. His son has got a job in KL and he took this opportunity to bring his wife for a holiday here. At the same time, he paid me a visit. We had a great time chatting and recalling our younger days.

I was very happy to see him. It was this friend and his mum who I am forever indebted to and without their help I would not be who I am today. I failed to get a place in form 6 because I didn’t get a credit in BM although I met the other criteria. My family was too poor and could not afford to send me to a private school. I have no choice but to work as a research assistant. Though I love the job and the professor I was working with was very impressed with my hardworkingness and passion for the job. Nevertheless, I was not satisfied as I wanted to further my education and achieved my dream to be an accountant. This was my temporary job to help me to save money to pay my tuition fees in a private school. My professor also very supportive and always encouraged me to continue my studies.

With his encouragement and motivation, I resigned from my job and registered at the private school. I recalled vividly how this good friend of mine introduced me 3 students to start my tuition class to help cover my tuition fees.

With his help, I started my high school education. Of course, it was not smooth sailing and I faced some hiccups. There were times when I had not enough money to pay for my school fees. As a result, I was threatened with expulsion. I was determined to complete my education and I tried my best to look for part-time jobs. It was not easy as I had to juggle with my studies as well as to a source for money to cover my tuition fees. Sometimes my late grandmother would give me some money and I would be so happy. She was old but was still working though earning a meagre salary. Until today I remember her generosity and kindness! Bless her soul.

Life was difficult and full of hiccups. It is these challenges that made me stronger and learnt to accept things as it is.

My worse nightmare came when the school authorities refused to release my STPM results unless I settled my 3 months overdue tuition fees. I was at a loss as to what to do. Fortunately, this friend went back and told his mum about my situation. Her mum immediately rendered help and lent me the money. Finally, I got my results and was exhilarated as my result was good enough for me to enter one of the public universities. PTL.

Life has been tough for me but along the way, I met so many good samaritans who have helped smoothen the journey. I am indeed blessed!!

My aim of sharing this story is to give hope to those who are in the same predicament as me. Do not give up. Persevere and you will see the rainbow at the end of the tunnel. We can determine our destiny with God’s help if we do our part.
Please share your stories. Thank you in advance,
With unconditional love,
James Oh

Show more react

No comments: