Followers

Growing Your Wealth Exponentially

Growing Your Wealth Exponentially
BY JAMES OH

Search This Blog

LETTING GO AND MOVING ON BY JAMES OH

LETTING GO AND MOVING ON BY JAMES OH
TO BUY PLEASE CLICK AT THE IMAGE

Translate

MINDSET SHIFT: EMPLOYEE TO ENTREPRENEUR

MINDSET SHIFT: EMPLOYEE TO ENTREPRENEUR
BY JAMES OH

Thursday, March 14, 2013

SPARKLING FIRE BURNING AT THE ELECTRICITY POLE


SPARKLING FIRE BURNING AT THE ELECTRICITY POLE

Have you had a cool and undisrupted day after you have experienced series of unpleasant events a day before? I have this morning and was amazed with the way I handled the matter. (very much different from my younger days). In fact, I wrote this report after I managed to get a good sleep despite being woken up in the middle of the night, before dawn this morning.

I was woken up by a very caring passer by motorist in the middle of
night when she saw fire at the electricity post near my house at that
time. At first, she used her car horn to alert my neighbours, but the
response was not very encouraging. She then came out from her car and shouted "fire! fire! remove your car" several times before I woke up. Here, we like to sincerely express our heartfelt thanks to her.

The first thing that struck my mind was to ascertain whether I was
dreaming or not. Realising that it was not a dream and investigating
further, I heard a loud fire sparkling sound, I walked out from my
room and peeped through the window at my living room. I saw the fire at the electricity post. Instantly, I alert my family members before I located my phone and call 999 to report the incident with key information such as the nature and location of the incident.

This is to ensure that the respective party sent a vehicle that is
equip with the appropriate equipment to put off the fire off to
prevent it from spreading,  I then came out to remove my car, a short distant from the post. This measure is to prevent a hit from the
broken burning wire which may cause explosion. After several
conversation with the people involved, I then discovered the replaced cable, from our precious similar incident, is the fire resistance cable. That helps to cushion it from burning. Thank be to God and all those who have carried out their duties throughout the night to restore the electricity.

I, therefore, take this opportunity to urge all the relevant parties
to look into the matter seriously and look for permanent remedial work to ensure the safety of the residents there, despite no casualties so far. We need to be more realistic and we cannot count on luck every time.

                                       SEE THE PHOTOS 


                                  the left over of the burnt cables
 
See the photos above, it was quite obvious that the most probable
cause of the fire was the old cables, which had not been replaced in
the previous incident. Special thanks must be given to TNB's staff who has taken painstaking process to restore the electricity around 5:30 a.m. this morning and other relevant parties such as Bomba and those guards on service. Luckily the weather was not hot as in the last few days.

What I knew thereafter was I went back to bed to resume my sleep
before 7 a.m. and woke up around 8 a.m. after taking some pictures.

Hope that this article together with the photos can shade some light
to us for better solution in a long run. As the nature of this
incident is scary, frightening and dangerous, it reminds me of what
we use to tell our children ie not to play with fire. Just imagine
what you feel especially when you heard loud sparkling burning fire.

Worst still there are private cars parked along the street just below
the cables which may cause explosions when the burning cables fall from the pole. Hope your intelligent mind can figure out the danger. Not to mention the danger of further heat from the cables and so on.  Hope some qualified engineers can enlighten us what is the best solution for such a situation. Thanks.

In line with our Prime Minister call to make the nation world class,
we should start to improve this little, small and petty thing first.
Otherwise, this mission is another slogan again. Similarly, this
report is written before it fades away from my memory. I then recalled that this is 4 or 5th incident of a similar nature during my 17 years stay in this house.  



Click the link below to read more on my last reported incidence.

how-to-protect-your-house-and-your.html


It is worthy to note that change and betterment can be achieved easily if all of us play our respective parts.

Thanks for your precious time and effort to read this article.


James Oh

http://my.linkedin.com/pub/oh-james/12/a11/29b

http://www.facebook.com/people/James-Oh/706849667

http://www.facebook.com/people/James-Oh/706849667#!/pages/Lift-You-Up-Always-there-for-You/176685462397920

Skype me at james.oh18

No comments: