LIEBSTER BLOG AWARD
First of all, we like to take this opportunity to express our heartfelt thanks to K.K.Cook (Kacii) for nominating this blog for "Liebster" award, or the "favorite blog award.
One of the pre-requisite requirements is to tell 11 things about myself.
I. 11 things about myself.
1. I am so blessed because I inherited natural wealth talents, wild imagination and weak health. I was born underweight, at only 2.5 kilos in 1961 and both my parents were very concerned that I would not be able to survive long. I had been frequently saddled with sickness in my early life. Today, I consider this weak health a Blessing because it shapes me to be better, stronger, sweeter and not bitter.
2. My talent in playing Chess was spotted by my Primary School's teacher who then coached me to be School captain. That led me to represent my school in both team and individual events in the Penang State Chess Competition in 1973.
3. I then discovered that I can overcome my physical weakness through my mental strength. I must admit that these difficulties in my life did not come to destroy me, but it helped me realise my hidden potentials.
4. With these turns, I persistently pursue my education and obtained several academic qualifications before the completion of my first Accounting Degree. At that time, I realised that I can stay above poverty through the means of education.
5. By applying my knowledge, skill and strategies I managed to grow a newly set up private aviation company to a publicly listed company and was promoted as Financial Controller of the company.
6. However in year 2000, my team and I managed to turnaround the company with Knowing-doing Gap strategies and I had then fulfilled all of my dreams at that time. I lost my sense of purpose in my life coupled with my helplessness to defend the loss of my still born child. That's subsequently led me to lose my passion in my profession.
7. Knowing that I was dying inside and my spirit was literally drying up. So, I embarked to pursue my second degree which is in Law, and soul searching journey. That is where I hit the rock bottom of my life and is saved by the Lord. That was my weakest time, yet the strongest in my life and how I was able to stand up and pursue my bigger purpose.
8. In 2008, I simply quit my overseas job shortly after I obtained my Permanent Resident. What at the time appeared as a bold and irresponsible decision, would soon open doors that would enable me to discover the "Missing Link" in my own life.
9. That freed me to enter into one of the most creative and bold periods of my life. Guess what? I WAS venturing into wealth coaching PROGRAM and social media at my late 40s before I completed my Certified Professional Trainee Program.
10. With this turn again, I then realised my larger purpose of helping people to live life in more fulfilling roles. I do so by repaying back those kind souls and people who have touched my life.
11. Thereafter, I joined Toastmasters International Club and got to know another great guy, he is none other than Dr Ralph C Smedley, the founder of the club. Another friendly and mutual supporting environment to keep his legacy alive through education. I think this is not coincidence at all, but for a purpose.
II. Questions from K.K. Cook (Kacii):
1.) What is the funniest book you've ever read?
The Chinese comic books, Lau Fu Sze.
2.) Do you prefer eBooks or print books?
I am typical conventional person, who still prefer to read the hard copies than eBook. This is because I can highlight certain passage to remind me of its application. As such, I need to review it constantly until it really sink into my mind.
3.) Favorite book of all time?
I must admit that Bible is my favorite book of all time because every time I read it, I will receive new revelation after each reading despite the same verses just like squezzing the juice from the sugar cane.
4.) What was the best childhood book you read as a kid?
I like reading story book written by Mr. Charles Dicken “ Great Expectation" which contains lot of inspiration and high moral value.
5.) Why do you love to read?
I like to read because I can acquire other's view points. I believe that is the way for me to grow up by expanding my horizon, but also gain new perspectives. To me, that is the fundamental of education.
6.) Where do you like to read?
I do not have preference in places to read and is very flexible, so long as I can attain my peace and enjoy my reading. I prefer to be at cool place for example field, riverside and close to nature at times.
7. ) Who taught you to love book?
Those kind teachers and souls (author) because both my parent are illiterate and gave me lots of freedom.
8.) When did you realise you were addicted to books?
I believe is when I was teenager. At that time, I realized that I can overcome my physical weakness through mental health. Thereafter, I do so to stay above poverty and keep on improving myself in all aspects so as to overcome whatever storms that I have to face.
9.) Who's your favorite author?
My current favorite author is Napoleon Hill, the author for "Think and Grow Rich".
10.) Which book are you waiting for in agony for this year?
I intend to publish my first book this year and this will be the book I am waiting in agony.
11.) Favorite movie/TV show based on a book(s) ?
Three Kingdom about the ancient history of China.
III. ) Questions from Lift You Up
1. Which book impact you the most ?
2. What do you look for in your life?
3. Share your most memorial event?
4. What is your greatest challenge in your life so far?
5. Who is the person who inspires you the most?
6. How you have been inspired?
7. How you kick off your day so as to keep your peak throughout your day?
8. how do you stimulate your dream?
9. What can make you laugh the most hard and why?
10. Share with us your talents, gifts and how you intend to use them for?
11. What you enjoy the most?
IV) The 11 blogs I'm nominating:
1. COLOR OF MY SOUL at http://it-is-all-my-world.blogspot.com/
2. COURAGE WILL PRESEVERANCE at http://couragewillpreseverance.blogspot.com/
3. CROSS YOUR T'S at http://crossyourts.blogspot.com/
4. CROWNED WITH LAURELS at http://crownedwithlaurels.blogspot.com/
5. FROOVYJOSIE at http://froovyjosie.blogspot.com/p/about.html
6. IN CASE YOU WERE WONDERING at http://much2ponder.blogspot.com/
7. KERI STEVENS at http://keristevens.blogspot.com/
8. MAKING YOUR WISHES COME TRUE at http://makingyourwishescometrue.blogspot.com/
9. MURMURS at http://sarahhina.blogspot.com/
10. BOOK EN GRATIS at http://bookengratis.blogspot.com/p/how-to-make-blog-on-blogspotcom.html
11. RAINBOW DREAMS at http://onemoremin.blogspot.com/
Thanks and let us keep the ball rolling.