Followers

Growing Your Wealth Exponentially

Growing Your Wealth Exponentially
BY JAMES OH

Search This Blog

LETTING GO AND MOVING ON BY JAMES OH

LETTING GO AND MOVING ON BY JAMES OH
TO BUY PLEASE CLICK AT THE IMAGE

Translate

MINDSET SHIFT: EMPLOYEE TO ENTREPRENEUR

MINDSET SHIFT: EMPLOYEE TO ENTREPRENEUR
BY JAMES OH

Friday, July 15, 2011

REAL EXPERIENCE - CONFRONTATION TO EASE FEAR



Dear valued readers, 



Recently I read the article below with lots of excitement and enthusiasm and am so eager to share with you, which I hope you will like it. The main reason why I decided to blog it with intention that you receive maximum value for your time spent on reading the articles here. I also noted that my preceding article on YB Datuk Ambiga received very encouraging responses and great concerns of readers. Today, this article is no coincidence related to the Bersih rally, but of a good reason, which I believe in. What made me to say so? Any guess before you proceed to read it further?


Perhaps, I can safely say that we can learn from this rally, the real time experience especially for those who have tainted with the ugly picture of the May 13 incident of racial riots in Malaysia which ultimately caused our Father of Independence, YB Tunku Abdul Rahman, stepped down as our nation's first Prime Minister.


I must admit that this ungrateful act to certain extent have instilled "terrible fear" amongst Malaysian communities. As a result, it had been occasionally misused by some irresponsible quarters to stir up the fear in order to achieve their hidden agendas, so to speak.

But, what is more important for me to highlight what I have learned from the article below. I prescribe this as another excellent example to ease fear by facing and overcome it once and for all so that you are free from it. Thank God that I am still alive to see both of these incidents. First incident taught us how to instill that fear, at that time I was in the Primary School. Yet the image of how my father rushed to my school and rescued me out from it still in my memory till todate. Unknowingly what had happened at that time, I just followed his instruction till I reached home safely. The rests are history.


Last few days, I had seen how the fear was eventually subsided through confronting and overcoming it. I cried out with joy and thank God and Malaysians who kept the situation orderly and peacefully. This is another affirmation that you need to confront whatsoever fear you have in order to overcome it. Conversely, by avoiding or ignoring it, it will bring you nowhere. This is not what I say only but also from the top management Gurus worldwide. In fact, I have constantly prescribed this formula fruitfully and I see the author of the article also experience it the way as I did. By now, hope you can see vividly why I do encourage you to prescribe this formula in your life, which I strongly believe everyone of us will have some fear. It is a matter of as to what extent the fear affects us.

Alternatively, you may also shift your mind to focus on something which you are comfortable instead of something you are fearful. This tip I had shared with you in my article on my 2nd day in China, where I have my wonderful time in the Oriental Tower, which you may click at the title of the post to refresh yourself.


Please continue to read the article below, extracted from Malaysiakini, for your better understanding of what I had mentioned above.


Have a fruitful day and feel free to forward your comments as provided.


Thank you in advance for your participation.


Bersih 2.0 “bersih”ed me! — Lt Col (R) Aw Yong Tian Teck


JULY 12 — As I headed for the LRT station to enter the city on the morning of July 9, I was both fearful and determined — fearful that a “May 13” type violence would erupt, and afraid of being arrested. Yet, I was determined to break this shroud of fear that had gained intensity over the last two weeks from reading the newspapers, watching television and listening to coffeeshop talk.


I nervously joined a predominantly Malay group outside the KTM building. From those whom I glanced at a bit longer, I received courteous smiles. I soon started to join them in shouting “Hidup Rakyat” or “Hidup Bersih” and punching the air as we strolled along. When they shouted calling upon “Allah”, I suddenly became conscious of the present controversy concerning the use of the word by non-Muslims, reducing my voice to a murmur.


As we approached Dataran Merdeka, our path was blocked by the police. We were told to sit down on the road, women and children included. Someone started singing, “Negara ku…” then we all joined in.


Despite my 27 years’ service in the nation’s Armed Forces, I never felt so close to Malaysia, my country as at that moment… then the dreadful bell on the top of the FRU vehicle rang, followed by what sounded like gun shots. They were firing tear gas into the crowd!


Completely unprepared and shocked, I was overcome by the painful and nauseating gas. We scrambled and I managed to move to a corner. A Malay man handed me bits of salt and others shared their water with me. The group retreated towards Dayabumi, and as I joined them, visibly shaken, I was frequently asked, “Uncle OK?” by smiling young Malay lads.


Our march through the Chinatown area was another eye opener. As we passed a Chinese eating shop, the crowd which by then included a number of non-Malays, waved invitingly to the customers asking them to, “Mari sama-sama!” At an Indian stall by the roadside, they crowded to buy water; a far cry from the violent, rioting mob that we were told to expect!


The way to Merdeka Stadium was blocked. As the now enlarged crowd retreated through the Chinatown area, we were again attacked by the FRU with tear gas. We scrambled and finally ended up in front of Puduraya, joining a much larger crowd with more non-Malays present. Once again, the police fired tear gas and shot their water cannon at the crowd.


The crowd then regrouped and headed towards KLCC. It was nearly an hour before the police finally came and did their “thing” again. By then, the “order” to “bersurai” was passed around; the rakyat had done their job!


In all, I spent about five hours marching with a largely predominantly Malay crowd. I was soaked and tear-gassed, but in the end I felt liberated, happy and grateful to God! Never have I seen the Malays so passionate about their cause, yet so gentle and mild-mannered under such trying conditions.


They were nowhere like the racially-incited, hate-ridden, property destroying “kumpulan jahat” that we were told to expect — definitely not in the crowd that I had the privilege to walk with that day!


The non-Malays who were there must be commended equally for their belief and conviction, and for their faith in a mature Malaysian society. The policemen whom I spoke to were surprisingly good-natured in spite of the long hours they had been on duty, some expressing concern for my safety. The order to fire tear gas at fellow Malaysians came from the top.


definitely not in the crowd that I had the privilege to walk with that day!




James Oh


Skype me at james.oh18





















No comments: