Followers

Growing Your Wealth Exponentially

Growing Your Wealth Exponentially
BY JAMES OH

Search This Blog

LETTING GO AND MOVING ON BY JAMES OH

LETTING GO AND MOVING ON BY JAMES OH
TO BUY PLEASE CLICK AT THE IMAGE

Translate

MINDSET SHIFT: EMPLOYEE TO ENTREPRENEUR

MINDSET SHIFT: EMPLOYEE TO ENTREPRENEUR
BY JAMES OH

Thursday, June 3, 2010

CONSUMERS' RIGHTS - HOW TO UPHOLD

Hi, friends,

Lately I noticed that my passport is expiring soon and 
decided to renew it for another 5 years. I also noticed 
that our immigration department has improved. This 
time they served me with renewal notice in advance of 
the expiry date, which I had not experience in the 
past. Well done and keep it up.

I went to the Damansara Town Centre branch as it is 
nearest to my house and more convenient as I can 
make use of the highway to the place. Their office is 
in that old building, easily more than 20 years old 
and its building is very run down the way I see it. 
Its basement car park is dark and narrow with lots 
of motorcycles parking along the sides of the 
basement.

It took me half a day to get it renewed and I 
managed to get the new passport on the same day. 
Very much faster than the past. Thanks to the new
administration.

Although the air-conditioning was not running to 
the required notch, the department had several wall 
fans running so as to keep the place cosy. Thanks 
again for your kind usage of public funds. 

Once I obtained my new passport, I paid RM 6.70 
for my parking fee at the auto pay machine, G Block. 
However, I suddenly realized that I cannot locate my 
parking ticket, after driving a certain distance. At 
first, I thought I have not pull out the ticket and 
decided to go back to check at the auto pay machine 
after I failed to find it at my wallet and my laptop bag. 

However, I also cannot find the ticket there and 
decided to go to the Metro Parking office to sort out
the matter. After asking around, I finally managed 
to locate their site office. 

After my explanation to the supervisor, they decided
to impose RM 30.00 as fine for loss of ticket. They 
explained to me that the fine is not refundable even
if I located the ticket. Knowing that I was rushing 
off the place, they pressed me to locate the ticket 
first which I did not have any idea where I placed it. 
I told them that I rather pay the fine and will only 
claim back if I can find the ticket. However such 
arrangement was not accepted by the supervisor, 
named En. Saiful. He was not friendly at all and 
told me verbally that this is his company's policy 
and refused to put it down in writing, which I insisted 
and finally he put it in writing. I found him ridiculous. 
However, I still paid the fine before going back to my 
car. Once I opened my door, I immediately saw the 
paid ticket at the coins holder just below the driver's 
window. Thanks God and I decided to go back to claim
back my fine as I did not lose the ticket. 

The same supervisor rejected my argument and I 
demanded to see his manager. His manager, En. Rosli 
finally came out from his office and decided to pay me 
back the penalty fee after hearing my explanation.

Thank God again for His kindness that touch the 
manager who refund me the fine in full. 

From the above incidents, I decided to share with you 
that we, the consumers, should raise out our voices 
to the appropriate authority should they impose any 
unreasonable fine against their customers.  

No doubts they may have some grounds such as to 
avoid abuse by certain unscrupulous customers. 
However they should carry out proper investigation 
in order to avoid any misunderstanding.

Thanks for your time and hope the above is useful 
to you.
 
Your Chief Servant,

James Oh

Founder and Group CEO

Skype me at james.oh18

No comments: