Followers

Growing Your Wealth Exponentially

Growing Your Wealth Exponentially
BY JAMES OH

Search This Blog

LETTING GO AND MOVING ON BY JAMES OH

LETTING GO AND MOVING ON BY JAMES OH
TO BUY PLEASE CLICK AT THE IMAGE

Translate

MINDSET SHIFT: EMPLOYEE TO ENTREPRENEUR

MINDSET SHIFT: EMPLOYEE TO ENTREPRENEUR
BY JAMES OH

Monday, July 4, 2011

BACK TO SCHOOL FOR A SINGLE MOTHER, MAUREEN STA MARIA


Very happy day to you,

I write to express my heartfelt thanks to you for continuously visiting my blog, which made me feel indebted to you as my blog readers. As such, I decide to share with you the recent article I have read from our local newspapers on the plight of a single mother, Maureen Sta Maria. She can now pursue her passion for knowledge, after years of struggle and sacrifice to raise her children.

It was reported that she, 49, raised her children to believe that education is the only ticket to freedom and success. In this connection, I write to attest that I had prescribed to the same formula to obtain some of my achievement and I never regret for doing so. I must say that that I was very fortunate to have an opportunity to learn from some of my great heroes, who came from families which are very much worse than mine, at my early age of my childhood. Thank God. That made me to say firmly that this is one of the paths you may consider to pursue to achieve your success in life. She revealed in her recent interview that she took up accounting, secretarial and interior design courses to equip herself with additional skills. Her attitude well deserved a praise. I can safely say that she is truly a good model to follow with.

This strong determined lady had overcome all the odds. She got divorced at the age of 27 and was subsequently ostracized by her family. These adversities did not dampen this single mother's spirit to pursue her dream. She took up a sales job to support herself and her two children. In order to see her children become successful, she made a painful decision to migrate to the US four years ago. She then put her whole family in a tiny one-bedroom apartment in California where she worked as interior designer whereas her eldest son worked throughout college to help to pay for his fees.

We are very glad to hear that her age and all the odds have not deter her from seeking knowledge and she has even instilled such a strong spirit in her two children. Well done and big congratulations to Miss Maureen. Your efforts had not been put into waste and we all are very proud of you.

She eventually moved back to Malaysia recently and plans to join a French culinary school to collect another certificate for herself. It was amazingly inspiring to hear that her eldest son was on the National Dean's List, comprising 2% of the country's brightest students in his college. He was also nominated for the 'Man of Distinction' award in 2008, apart from being awarded Fullerton's Student Affairs Outstanding Leadership Award. You really bring glory to Malaysia.

Her youngest daughter, 22, is also following his footstep and currently pursuing a degree in event management in the same university. She too has an ambition to work as an intern in the White House.

I truly read this article with fullness of inspiration and hope that it has similar effect on you.

James Oh

Skype me at james.oh18

No comments: